Saturday 17 March 2012

My Detox!


Hello lovelies!

Ok so I didn't even finish the full course of my detox...  In fact, I got up to day 6.  I got a bit sick & was vomiting (but I think this is due to something else) so decided, this was enough.  Mere hubby though, quite enjoyed it & kept going!  I think he finished up yesterday (=.

Overall, it did work to some degree, I felt fresher, healthier, & lighter;  & I was ~ down to 64.6kg.  I only exercised once in the 6 days too so can you imagine if I did more, how much more toxins may have been ridded from my body?

To be honest, I'm not sure I would do this one again.  When I think of detoxes, I personally expect to come to a slump in the first few days & get headaches because this is the toxins being flushed.  I never felt any of these?   I just felt healthier because I was eating wholesome foods.  The next detox I'm eyeing will be juicing.  I've heard so many benefits from it & so many people are doing it!  So it must work a treat.

I wish I could put some sort of picture with this post to make it more colourful & interesting for you, but I don't have one...  My next post will be about beauty however, plus with some more reviews & I've been shopping around too.  In fact, I'll post my wishlist up here!!

Vic xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I tried this exact detox a few years ago and I only managed a few days before I was sick too.

    I did a DIY version of the Blue Print Cleanse a few months back and it was so good. I involves 3 days of nothing but juice and was surprisingly easy to do. I felt the best I have in years and lost 2.8kg in the first day alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'll have to check this out, thank you!

    Ben has done a couple detoxes & said that the best he has ever done is pure, fresh veggie juices. Particularly a lot of broccoli, carrot, beetroot, fennel & radish. He would chuck in mint or other herbs too.

    Another one he suggested is the 4,3,2,1 detox. Going to check this one out now lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of the 4,3,2,1 dteox before, might check it out now. Below is the link for the DIY version I did, I honetsly couldn't get trough as much as it says to as well as drinking enough water so I halved each juice which was handy, as I could do it longer that way. The best part of juice cleansing is how clear your eyes become and the amazing change in concentration. Im slightly hooked now :)

      http://www.juices101.com/107/bpc-diy/#more-107

      Delete